Contribute to scientific progress as a Back-End Developer C#
Would you be interested in developing software for cutting-edge scientific instruments on which Nobel laureates are changing the world? ScientaOmicron's scientific instruments need the help of experienced developers to develop and continue to make the work of scientists around the world fundamentally easier. Join us and you too will help accelerate technology research into better batteries, solar panels, smart sensors and quantum electronics.
The position is suitable for a developer with an interest in modern distributed systems, data acquisition and processing systems, who is not lacking in analytical thinking and is tempted to explore the new domain of electron spectroscopy. Our new colleague should be able to work full-time on the project.
At the beginning of the cooperation, we will be working mainly on the server part of the system, where we will be completing the transition to the .NET 5 platform. We are going to improve the JSON-RPC design and the related performance optimization, we will also focus on incorporating support for new protocols and standards (e.g. MQTT), and we will definitely focus on the integration of authorization and authentication functionality. Further work will be related to taking ownership of software tools (from the clients) for managing and running scientific experiments. We will improve these tools (built on Angular) from a UX perspective and extend them with new features on the backend.
We are looking for a colleague interested in
- working on the development of a well-established product based on client-server architecture and its development into a product fully compliant with Industry 4.0 principles
- collaborating on product development from specification to testing
- professional software development leadership with an emphasis on quality CI
- programming - C# programming experience
- creating a product from requirements to implementation and testing
What we would need
- knowledge of authorization and authentication techniques
- ability to design solutions
- independence, initiative, diligence
- enthusiasm for the project
An advantage would be
- knowledge of C++
- knowledge of Python
- knowledge of MQTT (for example, the RabbitMQ or MQTTnet broker)
- experience in using and basic administration of GitLab CI, Docker